Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Lioness Lesson 1

A new segment I'd like to introduce to the blog: Lioness Lessons. It will be filled with fashion dilemmas, questions, WWMD (What Would Marisa Do) moments. Anything that boggles your mind about fashion will be answered here!

*Disclaimer: These are my thoughts and rules about fashion. My opinions. I am not an expert...well, yea I am and fashionista.

For my first lesson I will take on the evil color  NAVY BLUE!!!!!!!  Now, I know what you are thinking: Why is this hooker picking on poor little Navy Blue?! First off I'm not picking and second I'm tired (drained) of telling people it's a damn neutral like white or black!!!! Lioness Lesson number uno: I will teach you that Navy Blue is a neutral color and can be wore with just about anything.

People usually gravitate towards black, white, grey, even brown (yuck), but rarely do you see someone go for that navy blue. My advice: Go for it! Navy Blue is just as slimming as black and it looks nice on a lot skin tones. I know your next question is how do I wear Navy Blue? That's easy. Navy Blue is again a neutral and can be paired with other neutrals (like black, you hear that Annie Amorose!) or with a bright color. Close your eyes and imagine a tight Navy Blue pencil skirt. Now imagine it with a neon yellow loose fitting tank with a camel colored belt and shoes. Killer outfit! Now picture a navy blue dress with black pumps or nude stilettos or red sandals. A perfect pairing for just the right Navy Blue item! 

Now that you know how to wear Navy Blue makes sure to add it to your spring list along with that Orange I told you about. Come to think of it, you know what looks amazing with Navy Blue....a little Orange. :) 





1 comment:

  1. Connie's prom dress is stunning and its navy blue AND black!!

    ReplyDelete