Friday, April 29, 2011

Princess Kate

I can not explain how happy I am that Kate picked Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen. The dress was truly fit for a princess. I think everyone in the fashion world was taken back by how traditional and elegant Kate's McQueen gown was. McQueen designs are known for their unique, outlandish looks. One of the late designer muses was Lady Gaga. Given all this I'm so happy Kate chose Sarah Burton for the designer of her dress. It shows she is very up to date with today's fashion. Also, makes me excited to see her forming such a bond with designers just like Dianna did.

I know a lot of people wanted to know why she did not go strapless. The answer to that would be the Abbey. Ladies must cover their arms in some type of sleeve when in the Abbey. With that said, I think Kate did a beautiful job. I live for lace. I think I mentioned that yesterday. :) I find it no big surprise that Kate's gown looks similar too another royal princess; Grace Kelly. Both ladies opted for long lace sleeves, a waist-cinching bodice and full skirt. I believe without a doubt Kate was truly inspired by the classic style that Grace made so popular.

Sarah Burton:
"Alexander McQueen's designs are all about bringing contrasts together to create startling and beautiful clothes and I hope that by marrying traditional fabrics and lacework, with a modern structure and design we have created a beautiful dress for Catherine on her wedding day. The last few months have been very exciting and an incredible experience for my team and I as we have worked closely with Catherine to create this dress under conditions of the strictest secrecy."
 Rundown of the Outfit

Wedding Gown Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen

Tiara Cartier "Halo

Earrings Custom-made Robinson Pilham 
Wedding Band Wartski

Hair and Makeup James Pryce of the Richard Ward Salon and Metrospa

No comments:

Post a Comment